Skip to main content

Day 8 of World Youth Day 8-2-23

 


Hello, Bon Dia, Hola

        Blessings and prayers to you all back home, today was such a wonderful and blessed day. We all started with morning prayer and breakfast, then we enjoyed the city of Lisbon. We enjoyed 3 different churches that all had significant religious connections to St. Anthony, the patron saint of Portugal. Then we went on a walk to see the St. Jorge castle. We also enjoyed the first part of world you day in Lisbon, Portugal with opening mass. It was such a powerful and beautiful sight to see millions of Catholics here for our lord. Thank you for all your support and prayers we love and miss you all and we will continue to pray for all your intentions back home.

Blessings and love,
Brianna Russell
























Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been such a joy following each of you young pilgrims daily as you filled your hearts with God's Love in daily Mass and Prayer. Praying that you have a safe trip back to your homes - God Bless .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 15 of World Youth Day 8-8-23

  Yesterday, Aug 7th ,we concluded our pilgrimage to World Youth Day. We visited the shrine of our lady of Fatima , where our blessed mother appeared to the three Little shepherds, Jacinta, Francisco and Lucia back in 1917.  It was such a huge blessing to go and visited our blessed mother , to thank her for all the graces received thorough this pilgrimage. I know for a fact that she is the reason why I went to this beautiful pilgrimage. For,  I always feel her protection and intersession.  During this trip I had such a beautiful encounter with our Lord at the moment when our Holy Father Pope Francis passed by within a couple of feet away from us All Saints group. There was a flame of fire burning on my heart as Pope Francis was passing by that was filling me with love from head to toe. My  eyes fall into tears for the persona of Christ was so close to me.  I am totally convence that our pope is the successor of Peter , the representer of Christ in our Holy ...

Day 14 of World Youth Day 8-7-23

We're coming home!!  As I reflect on these past two weeks, I am once again so amazed by the goodness of God. Before embarking on this pilgrimage, I had an idea of the personal intentions I wanted to take before the Lord, but I had no idea of the old wounded places in my heart he was going to ask me to revisit. It was hard but even in the hurt, God provided me the grace to see what he was doing. Our loving and merciful Father is a healer. He fixes those who are broken and finds those who are lost. These past two weeks I have been stretched beyond my "breaking point". When my mind, heart, or body felt heavy, I would cry out, "God, I can't do this, please give me strength" and he always did. He still is.  God's timing is so perfect. I am one who runs away when my wounds become too much. But being in a foreign country with the same 25 people, I had nowhere to run to, but to the Father. Each time I encountered Him in prayer with a heavy heart, He was there gi...

Bem-vindos! Five Days Away!

  We are FIVE days away from setting off to Portugal!  World Youth Day is a world wide encounter with the Pope celebrated about every three years in a different country. This event is an opportunity for young adults to personally experience the universality of the Catholic Church, and to share with the whole world the hope of many young people who are committing their lives to Christ. World Youth Day was started by Pope, St. John Paul II and was first held in Rome in 1986. 26 Pilgrims are embarking on this pilgrimage from All Saints University parish. This consists of two priests (Fr. Tom Orlando and Fr. Cesar Martinez), three seminarians (Josue, Patrick, and Saul) and 21 young adults from our community.  It may seem like our pilgrimage begins next Tuesday, but as we’ve been telling our pilgrims, it began when we first said “yes” to God’s invitation to encounter him in this radical way. From accepting our Father’s invitation, we then invited all of you to partake in this ...