Skip to main content

Day 9 of World Youth Day 8-2-23


 Bom Dia as we say here in Portugal!


As we are now adjusting into our hostel we began our 8th day in Portugal. After a well rested night we woke up and got ready to start our journey once more that has brought so much strength and beauty. Although tiredness and sore feet are tough moments doing it for the glory of God keeps us moving forward.

We were fortunate to have mass by Father Tom and Father Cesar in which brought much peace to the pilgrims not just through the wise words he gave to us but being able to be fueled with the body of Christ that has gotten us through the toughest moments. F. Cesar mentioned that when we encounter Jesus we shine bright and that is a light that we all desire to turn on and will continue to work for as we go further into our Pilgrimage.

We then got the opportunity to explore the beautiful city of Portugal in which some enjoyed some great food, visited different sites, or simply just rested and recharged. After a much needed down time we began our journey and walked up to Parque da Quinta das Conchas to meet up with many of the youth attending WYD to cheer and listen to many great speakers, such as Bishop Barron. Not only him but a sister who reminded us of such a simple thing of doing all things with God and the outcome will become good fruit.

We end the night with great joy regardless of the difficulties we encountered and it could not be done without the prayers of our community and families back home. We are eager to bring back the joy and share Gods great love to the youth, families, and all those who we encounter.

We thank you and miss you!

Maddy Lopez


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 15 of World Youth Day 8-8-23

  Yesterday, Aug 7th ,we concluded our pilgrimage to World Youth Day. We visited the shrine of our lady of Fatima , where our blessed mother appeared to the three Little shepherds, Jacinta, Francisco and Lucia back in 1917.  It was such a huge blessing to go and visited our blessed mother , to thank her for all the graces received thorough this pilgrimage. I know for a fact that she is the reason why I went to this beautiful pilgrimage. For,  I always feel her protection and intersession.  During this trip I had such a beautiful encounter with our Lord at the moment when our Holy Father Pope Francis passed by within a couple of feet away from us All Saints group. There was a flame of fire burning on my heart as Pope Francis was passing by that was filling me with love from head to toe. My  eyes fall into tears for the persona of Christ was so close to me.  I am totally convence that our pope is the successor of Peter , the representer of Christ in our Holy ...

Day 14 of World Youth Day 8-7-23

We're coming home!!  As I reflect on these past two weeks, I am once again so amazed by the goodness of God. Before embarking on this pilgrimage, I had an idea of the personal intentions I wanted to take before the Lord, but I had no idea of the old wounded places in my heart he was going to ask me to revisit. It was hard but even in the hurt, God provided me the grace to see what he was doing. Our loving and merciful Father is a healer. He fixes those who are broken and finds those who are lost. These past two weeks I have been stretched beyond my "breaking point". When my mind, heart, or body felt heavy, I would cry out, "God, I can't do this, please give me strength" and he always did. He still is.  God's timing is so perfect. I am one who runs away when my wounds become too much. But being in a foreign country with the same 25 people, I had nowhere to run to, but to the Father. Each time I encountered Him in prayer with a heavy heart, He was there gi...

Bem-vindos! Five Days Away!

  We are FIVE days away from setting off to Portugal!  World Youth Day is a world wide encounter with the Pope celebrated about every three years in a different country. This event is an opportunity for young adults to personally experience the universality of the Catholic Church, and to share with the whole world the hope of many young people who are committing their lives to Christ. World Youth Day was started by Pope, St. John Paul II and was first held in Rome in 1986. 26 Pilgrims are embarking on this pilgrimage from All Saints University parish. This consists of two priests (Fr. Tom Orlando and Fr. Cesar Martinez), three seminarians (Josue, Patrick, and Saul) and 21 young adults from our community.  It may seem like our pilgrimage begins next Tuesday, but as we’ve been telling our pilgrims, it began when we first said “yes” to God’s invitation to encounter him in this radical way. From accepting our Father’s invitation, we then invited all of you to partake in this ...